This blog is about various sight-seeing places in Bhopal.
Saturday 17 February 2018
Shaurya Smarak is a war memorial built on 12.67 acres of land situated at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh as a humble tribute to the valour of Indian forces . It is inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 14 October 2016.
The main highlights of this place is that :-
- It has a sprawling park with small, imaginative and interesting architectural installations depicting sacrifice of the soldiers.
- It has a 62-feet high sculpture rising from the ground called Shaurya Stambh depicting Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. The Army is signified by Granite, The Navy in Grey and the Air Force in White. Around the Shaurya Stambh names of the martyred soldiers have been inscribed on glass boards.
- It has a Smarak Jyoti which is lit in holographic flame for the honor of the martyrs.
- Not only this there is a red sculpture kept which when seen from main axis it appears as a 'Namaskar' and when looked from another axis it appears as 'A Drop of Blood'.
- It has an Underground Museum and the entrance is called Shaurya Veethi. It is for conserving the patriotism and bravery of the Indian Forces.
It has different galleries which include :- 1) Gallery of Historical Heroes such as Maharana Pratap and Tipu Sultan. 2) Gallery of War heroes who fought in war against Pakistan and China.
3) Gallery dedicated to award-winning heroes who received War Time Gallantry Award such as Ashoka Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, Paramvir Chakra, Kirti Chakra and Mahavir Chakra. 4) Gallery showcasing ranks and badges for different ranks of Army, Navy and Air Force 5) Gallery of miniature models of various warships, submarine, aircraft and arms used by Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.
6) Gallery which allows visitors to experience the cold of Siachen Glacier and understand the terrains of the Siachen war zones.
- Last but not the least it has an amphitheater and a cafe on premise.
Address - Arera Hills, Opposite Courtyard Marriott, M P Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh - 462016
Time - Except Wednesday it is open rest all days from 12 PM to 7 PM